As one of the largest companies doing what we do, American Contractors Exam Services has become the industry leader for contractor exam preparation. Our seminars cover the areas that you will be tested on for Commercial and Residential Building, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing or Business Law state exams and many specialty exams.
American Contractors Exam Services History
- Since 1991, we have helped thousands of candidates prepare for and pass state-required commercial, residential, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing licensing exams.
- We consistently maintain a 90% “first-time” pass rate.
- Most of our employees have been with our company for more than 5 years.
- We have written and published books under the DeWalt brand in collaboration with Pal Publications and Cengage Learning.
American Contractors Exam Services Book Store
- We stock all “approved” reference materials for your exam and can ship “same day” if you order before 3:00 PM CST.
- We also stock code books, estimating books, and thousands of construction-related books.
- Most of our code books are tabbed and highlighted to help you find important information on test day in the most effective and timely manner.
American Contractors Exam Services Customer Service
- Someone is available until 6:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday.
- Our customer service agents are knowledgeable in each step of the licensing process and can answer any questions you have. You will recognize this knowledge and our commitment to customer service the moment we answer your call or reply to your email.
- Superior customer service is maintained after your initial call in the form of: a confirmation call to make sure you understand where you will be attending the seminar and what to bring, a follow-up call from your instructor to make sure you are following through with your preparation and a final customer service satisfaction survey call.
American Contractors Exam Services Seminars
- Preparation is provided in a 1 to 5 day seminar format led by experienced instructors.
- Information that may seem difficult and highly technical is translated in an easy-to-understand format using simple presentations projected by LCD projectors.
- You will receive a class manual that will serve as a study companion after you complete the seminar. The manuals are written and designed with the sole purpose of condensing the material as efficiently as possible
No Pass No Pay Guarantee
If you fail an exam within 90 days after attending one of our seminars and have purchased all of the required references, you may repeat the seminar at no cost as many times as you like, for a period of one year (18 months in SC, GA and NC-Electrical only). If you take the exam and our class a total of 3 times each and you fail the exam all 3 times within the time spans for your state exam, as stated above, we will refund your money for the seminar only. No refunds will be given for the text books. All failing test scores must be faxed to us for documentation purposes
and refunds must be requested within the time limits stated above. (TN does not have a money-back guarantee, but you can restudy for a period of 12 months at no charge).
You may receive a full refund if you cancel 7 or more days in advance of your seminar date. Cancellations within 7 days of the seminar will be subjected to a 10% cancellation fee of the seminar price.
You may receive a full refund if you cancel 10 or more days in advance of your seminar date. Cancellations within 10 days of the seminar will be subjected to a 10% cancellation fee of the web seminar price. If have received the class workbooks for the web seminar prior to your cancellation, no refund will be given.
American Contractors Exam Services Application Processing
- Our full-time Application Licensing agent, can help you with the entire process of completing your application.
- Applications are typed and delivered to the appropriate licensing board by the due date.
- If you are opening a new business, we can assist with establishing the legal entity.
- We cross the “t’s” and dot the “i’s” so that you will receive your license as soon as possible.
American Contractors Exam Services Staff
- Our instructors have more than 100 years of combined experience.
- Our customer service agents are “Licensing Experts” that have worked in this industry for an average of 8 years.
- We have a staff of web designers, programmers and graphic designers to make sure our materials are second to none.
American Contractors Exam Services Other Services
- We provide additional products, such as Practice Exam CDs, that will assist in your preparation process and will certainly reduce the anxiety of “test day.”
- Our staff will help you design your company logo, set up your business cards and print them, establish a website and assist you with any other marketing efforts.
- In addition to helping you pass the required examination, we can assist you with the application process. We can set up your legal entity, help prepare your financial documents, type the application, request letters of reference and deliver your application to the licensing board.
Request information online